We respect your privacy rights. This Policy is intended to describe for you, as an individual who is a user of this Site and our products and services, the information we collect through this Site and through our suppliers or third parties, and how we use and handle that information.
Information Collected and Received
We will only collect personally identifiable information, such as your name, title, company name, address, telephone number and email address that you voluntarily provide through our Site through completion of an HTML/Server generated form, or by mailing, telephoning or faxing us. In addition, we may receive personal information from our suppliers, business partners and other third parties, provided that such third parties confirm to us that you have permitted them to share such information.
Non-personal information, which is information of an anonymous nature, such as an Internet Protocol Address (“IP Address”), the domain used to access the Site, and the type and version of browser or operating system being used, may be collected or derived by us in the course of operating the Site. Non-personal information also includes aggregate information, such as demographic statistics of our users, number of visitors and average time spent on the Site. Our web servers may automatically collect non-personal information which is provided through your browser or stored on a cookie when you choose to visit the Site.
How We Use the Information
We may collect information for the following purposes:
1. To provide you with information you have requested from us;
2. To improve customer service so that we can address and respond to concerns, requests and complaints;
3. To develop, enhance, market and provide products and services to meet your needs;
4. If you indicated that you were interested in receiving offers or information from Athena or certain of our selected sponsors or advertisers, Athena or such sponsors or advertisers may send you e-mail materials and other communications about products and services that we feel may be of interest to you. If at any time you would like to end your subscription to any such e-mail materials or no longer wish to receive these types of communications, please let us know by following the directions posted at the bottom of the e-mail material or by sending an e-mail to unsubscribe [at] athenaglobal [dot] net;
5. If you enter a contest or other promotion offered by Athena, we may, under the rules of the promotion, use your name and certain other information to administer the promotion, such as contacting, announcing and promoting the winners of the promotion;
6. Athena may also use personal information if it has reasonable grounds to believe the information could be useful when investigating a contravention of a federal, provincial or foreign law or in order to protect or defend a legal interest.
We only keep personal information for as long as it is necessary to satisfy the specified purposes, for which it was collected. We retain personal information in strict accordance with our own guidelines, procedures and principles and in line with applicable legislation in any relevant jurisdiction.
Sharing Personal Information with Others
We do not sell, trade or otherwise transfer client lists or personal information to others. In providing our services, we may need to disclose the personal information we collect to affiliates, subsidiaries, successors and other service providers or agents who perform various functions for us (such as underwriters and claim adjusters). Under certain circumstances, we may be required to provide personal information to third parties for legal or regulatory purposes. We may also use this personal information to assess your future needs and to offer the products and services that may best meet those needs, from ourselves, our affiliates or reputable organizations selected by us. If you do not wish to receive these offers or such information, please contact us at unsubscribe [at] athenaglobal [dot] net.
How We Safeguard Personal Information
At Athena, we employ physical, electronic and procedural safeguards to protect our systems and all personal information under our control against unauthorized access and use. All safety and security measures are appropriate to the sensitivity level of the information collected. Employees are governed by strict standards and policies to ensure that personal information is secure and treated with the utmost care and respect.
How You can Access or Correct Information
It is important that your personal information is accurate and complete. Having accurate information about you enables us to give you the best possible service. You have the right to access, verify and amend the information we have about you. Please contact Athena at privacy [at] athenaglobal [dot] net to change your address, telephone number or other circumstance relating to your personal information.
How to Contact Us
Any concerns, problems or questions should be directed to our Privacy Officer via email by contacting privacy [at] athenaglobal [dot] net.