Established in 2008 by Robert Schad, Athena is built on a strong culture as a family-owned private company with employee shareholders. Working with customers and suppliers, the company has developed a revolutionary injection machine platform, with a wide range of pre-engineered options for customization. Athena has decided not to get into the mold-making industry, instead to support mold makers with systems.
The strong response justified the construction of a new 155,000 square foot facility for just in time production of machines as well as implementing a global service and spare parts infrastructure.
The Service Technician applies technical skills to perform machine optimization and capability testing, including all steps from installation of tooling through to final analysis of the process data. Validate prototypes, analyzing test data to determine if the design meets the functional, repeatability, and performance specifications. Operate and maintain process technology and validation equipment.
- Develop initial process parameters for new molds
- Perform installation and setup of molds and monitor operation process
- Conduct machine capability studies
- Perform prototype testing, analyze results, and make recommendations for improvements to Designers/Engineers
- Participate in the design and execution of quality assurance/reliability improvement activities
- Write and/or present regular progress reports to Team Leaders and other internal clients
Skills & Competencies:
- A creative and innovative approach for generating new ideas
- Data analysis & interpretation skills
- Troubleshooting skills & attention to detail
- Knowledge of industrial electrical and control circuits
- Knowledge of injection molding equipment and related support systems
- Proficiency with SPC software
- Ability to work both on a team and independently
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Graduate of a post-secondary engineering-related program
- 3+ Years of experience
- Experience in the injection molding industry considered an asset
Apply at: hr [at] athenaautomation.ca